If you have been attacked please follow these few important steps:
1) If you have just been harmed, physically or sexually attacked, please call 911 in the U.S. or your local emergency response number if outside the U.S.
2) Remember that your body is now EVIDENCE!!! Do not shower, Do not change clothes until you have been checked out by a medical forensics team and they have collected the EVIDENCE your offender has left on your body!!!
3) It is important to make a full police report of any attacks you suffer!!! This gives photographed and recorded proof of the attack so the offense can be charged and prosecuted. If we do not report these acts from our partners, parents, others who are close to us, then there can be no prosecution or end to these crimes.
**Call one of the HOTLINE NUMBERS below to reach a counselor immediately and receive 24/7 support**
When you need a friend who truly understands!!!
Here is a fabulous collection of outstanding survivors & advocates
Organizations & Foundations
All Dedicated To Helping You
Make Your Way Through The Storm Of Abuse
Darkness to Light; http://www.d2l.org/
Become a Steward of Children
Help Heal and Protect the next generation
Family Resource Center; Helping to prevent and heal from abuse; stop the cycle moving forward, empower your teen and learn parenting skills; http://www.frcmo.org/
Stop Abusing Your Children, sponsored by Stacy Asencio-Sutphen, actress and her husband; game show host, Jeff Sutphen (anti bullying & abuse organization) http://www.stopabusingyourchildren.com
A collection of fabulous survivors all here to help you make your way out of the darkness from violence and abuse!!
Spiritual Healing &
Helping victims & survivors break
free through spiritual recovery!!
IS YOUR COMMUNITY SAFE FROM SEX OFFENDERS?
This link allows you to research sex offenders in your area. Please take a moment to check your community. You can also use this tool to check anyone's background for offenses. Keeping children safe is every adult's responsibility!!
Click on the picture to be taken to the search site!!
Dr. Brenda Joyce Orozco Markert-Green, DMFT, LMFT
Afterglow Counseling, Mediation & Family Services
240 Beattie Ln
Redlands, CA 92374-1743
On this page we have provided links for various organizations and persons who are in the mission to end violence and abuse today. If you have a resource you want to share please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We want you to know that it's OK to need various types of help, this is why we share so much information at your finger tips. Just a simple click of the mouse on any link or pic will take you to the help you need at that moment. Don't be afraid to reach out to multiples of resources, orgs, foundations, bloggers, authors, advocates, or groups!
Here is a collection
of some of the
very best !!
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
Depression Hotline: 1-630-482-9696
• Suicide Hotline: 1-800-784-8433
• Trevor Project: 1-866-488-7386
• Sexuality Support: 1-800-246-7743
• Eating Disorders Hotline: 1-847-831-3438
• Rape and Sexual Assault: 1-800-656-4673
• Grief Support: 1-650-321-5272
• Runaway: 1-800-843-5200, 1-800-843-5678, 1-800-621-4000
• Exhale: After Abortion Hotline/Pro-Voice: 1-866-4394253
• Self Harm: 1-800-DONT CUT (1-800-366-8288)
•Pregnancy Hotline 1-800-4-OPTIONS (1-800-467-8466)
• Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, and Transgender (GLBT) Youth Support Line 800-850-8078
• National Association for Children of Alcoholics 1-888-55-4COAS (1-888-554-2627)
• National Child Abuse Hotline 1-800-422-4453
• National Domestic Violence Hotline 1-800-799-SAFE (1-800-799-7233)
• National Drug Abuse Hotline 1-800-662-HELP (1-800-662-4357)
• National Youth Crisis Hotline 1-800-448-4663
• Eating Disorders Awareness and Prevention 1-800-931-2237 (Hours:8am-noon daily, PT)
• Veterans: 1-877-VET2VET
• Adolescent Suicide Helpline: 1-800-621-4000
• Postpartum Depression: 1-800-PPD-MOMS
Via Patricia Caldwell Singleton & Darleen Thompson
NATIONAL HOTLINE RESOURCES
Scroll to the near bottom for a full list of National Hotline Numbers for various difficulties and resources.